Register your team for the 2018 Annual Session and provide an intensive education for them in many key skills and knowledge aspects of each position.
Note that your team may be eligible for Annual Session registration discounts. An Orthodontic Staff Club member may be eligible for both of the following:
• Each AAO Orthodontic Staff Club member will receive a $25 registration discount for the 2018 Annual Session. Membership dues are $50 per practice, covering an unlimited number of employees.
• All orthodontic staff are eligible for a 20 percent registration discount when four or more employees of the same doctor register by the Early Registration Deadline (April 6, 2018).
Orthodontic Staff Hands-On Sessions Provide State-of-the-Art Training
With correct use of video technology, video records may be added to the orthodontist’s clinical observations to aid in assessment of the dynamic relationships affecting the patient’s overall function and aesthetics.1 Doctors wishing to have staff members trained to shoot video effectively for this purpose may enroll them in the 2018 Annual Session hands-on program by video expert Ian Ziatyk, “Video Records for the Orthodontic Office.”
The video records program will be one of five ticketed, half-day hands-on lectures for Orthodontic Staff on Friday, May 4 at the 2018 Annual Session.
Each hands-on session will be offered twice during the day. Tickets for these limited-attendance workshops should be purchased in advance via Annual Session registration.
Additional hands-on programs will be:
- “Advanced Processing of CBCT Images,” by Barbara Brinker of Dolphin;
- “Wire Bending for the Orthodontic Assistant,” by Dr. Douglas Depew;
- “Patient Photography Made Easy,” with returning presenter Rita Bauer;
- “Hands-on 3D Printing: From the Scanner to your Hand,” by Cali Kaltschmidt and Dr. Christopher Riolo.
Orthodontic Staff Program Lecturers Address Business, Personal Well-Being Topics
In the Staff Program Administrative, Clinical, Marketing and All-Staff series, your team will gain key knowledge of topics like pros and cons of cloud computing, printing and making clear aligners, overhead control, understanding patient choice, new ideas to strengthen patient compliance, and leadership.
Staff Program lectures will include “Pain, Fitness and Dentistry: My Story from Dental Student in Pain to American Ninja Warrior Athlete,” by Dr. Desiree Walker. Dr. Walker is a general dentist who overcame severe musculoskeletal pain that began when she was in dental school, going on to become an American Ninja Warrior athlete. She will share research about how poor positioning and lack of body movement/exercise can contribute to musculoskeletal ailments, offering key components of an effective fitness plan and how to integrate them into the dental workday.
Two highly anticipated Orthodontic Staff Program lecturers have provided short preview videos for their presentations:
- Jessica Rector, presenting: “Break Through Burnout: How to Turn Stress into Healthy Living”;
- Jessica Rector, presenting, “Communication to Build a Courageous Team”;
- Wendy O’Donovan Phillips, presenting, “KABOOM! Marketing Results!”
- Ms. Philips will also present, “How Independent Orthodontists can Edge out Corporate Competition.”
The December issue of the Practice Management Bulletin offers additional details about the Orthodontic Staff Program, Mega Trends for doctors and staff and the Doctors Scientific Program..
View the Practice Management Bulletin