The 2022 AAO Professional Advocacy Conference in Washington, DC is less than two weeks away and Chair Dale Anne Featheringham is providing a last-minute invite for AAO members to register now and join us there:
- Make a contribution now at aaopac.org
- Contact [email protected] expressing your interest ASAP (and no later than Monday, March 28). Kathy DiPrimo will be happy to help you make hotel arrangements and get you registered. We would be delighted to have you there!
The conference will begin with registration at 1PM on Tuesday, April 5 and will conclude by 2:30PM on Wednesday, April 6. It will be a fast-moving 24 hours+ with a variety of speakers, advocacy updates, and attendee engagement.
Additional conference highlights for you to experience:
- Night Tour of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on the National Mall: Join Founder of The Wall, former President of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, and Purple Heart Vietnam Veteran Jan C. Scruggs for a memorable and moving experience of storytelling, history, and tourist insights.
- State Advocacy Insights: Hear from AAO’s Florida lobbyist Anita Berry and the Washington State Dental Association Government Relations Director Emily Lovell, joined by AAO staff to discuss effective state advocacy strategies.
- Regulatory Discussion: Learn more about the regulatory environment and ways to create influence with decision-makers in the Executive branch.
- Future of AAO Advocacy: Residents will lead an important discussion and listening session to consider future advocacy priorities.
- AAOPAC Reception and Dinner: Engage directly with a bi-partisan group of Members of Congress joining us at the Hamilton Hotel Tuesday evening.
- Cultural Experience: The National Cherry Blossom Festival will also be taking place in Washington, DC.
- Capitol Hill Meetings: AAO will be one of the first organizations since 2020 to return to Capitol Hill for in-person meetings (Wednesday afternoon, 4/6).
Join us for a productive and memorable experience while making a difference through AAO advocacy!