Join your colleagues for an intensive examination of the many complex issues related to obstructive sleep apnea and orthodontic treatment. Make plans to join the AAO January 25-27 in Marco Island, Florida for the 2019 Winter Conference, “Sleep Apnea and Orthodontics: Consensus and Guidance.”
Attendees will receive a wealth of information about diagnosis and management of sleep-disordered breathing issues, especially pediatric and adult obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), pediatric airway development, and OSA relative to orthodontic practice. Experts representing multiple disciplines will engage attendees with in-depth presentations on aspects of the conference topic, with the intimate conference format making possible detailed discussion with lecturers.
Among the 20 dental and medical specialists presenting lectures will be:
- Timothy F. Hoban, BS, MD – (“OSA in Children: More Than Just Large Tonsils”);
- Carlos Flores-Mir, DDS, DSc, FRCD(C) – (“Relevant Useful Tools for Screening for Sleep Disordered Breathing”);
- Benjamin Pliska, DDS, MS, FRCD(C) – (“Obstructive Sleep Apnea: The Orthodontic Perspective/Q&A Discussion).”
Drs. Hoban, Flores-Mir and Pliska make up the Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea series of the conference. This portion of the program will address the pathophysiology and clinical manifestations of obstructive sleep apnea in children, including how they differ from the adult population. Established, alternative, and promising methods of treatment will be discussed. Recognition of symptoms of sleep apnea in children and how they differ from those exhibited by adults will also be addressed, along with evaluation of benefits and limitations of the major treatment options for childhood OSA.
– View the complete conference schedule
– Register for the 2019 Winter Conference
– View conference information, including early registration rates.
(Registration fees include scheduled breakfasts, lunches and snack breaks.)