Find the help you need with insurance claims.
The AAO is on your side as you navigate the complexities of today’s insurance world. Our goal is to help you connect with the resources you need to process claims and get paid faster.
Medical and Dental Coding Resources
Searching for the right CDT or ICD-10 code? We have the guides that can help you classify every procedure for the fastest, most accurate billing and reimbursement. Each download includes guides on coding, notation, and classification your staff can reference every day.
Medically Necessary Orthodontic Care
In 2010, the Affordable Care Act mandated that insurance cover “medically necessary” pediatric dental care. Unfortunately, there is no federal definition, so it’s left to the states to decide what is covered. The AAO is working with providers, state and federal agencies, and others to set standards based on scientific evidence.
Still have questions about insurance benefits?
The AAO’s Dental Benefits Advisory Helpdesk is here to guide your staff through common insurance issues, including:
- Payment denial/pre-treatment authorization denial.
- No direct pay to non-participating provider.
- Benefit denial.
- Delay in payment(s).
- Change in code to less complex or less expensive procedure(s).
- Combined procedure(s) resulting in lower benefits.
- Problems with or cack of coordination of benefits.
- Requests for additional treatment information or records.
- Loss of patient claims or additional treatment information.