Speaking on “Dental Transplants: What We Know,” Dr. Ewa Czochrowska will be one of 20 experts from five countries addressing topics of interest to orthodontists and pediatric dental specialists at the 2018 Winter Conference. Register now and join your AAO colleagues and members of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry in Scottsdale, Arizona, February 9-11 for “Early Orthodontic Treatment: Working Together for Excellent Results.”
Possessing extensive education, training and experience in autogenous tooth transplantation including a PhD from the University in Oslo, Dr. Czochrowska is an associate professor at the Medical University in Warsaw and is in private orthodontic practice in Warsaw. In addition to Dr. Czochrowska, other non-U.S.-based speakers at the Winter Conference will include:
- Dr. Stella Chaushu and Dr. Adrian Becker, both of Hebrew University-Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, addressing topics related to impacted teeth;
- Dr. Young Tze Kuah, assistant clinical professor at the University of British Columbia, speaking on malformed first molars;
- Dr. Lars Andersson, oral and maxillofacial surgeon and native of Sweden, now professor in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Kuwait University in Kuwait, speaking on decoronation.
U.S.-based expert lecturers include:
Pediatric dental speakers Dr. Paul Casamassimo, Dr. Barbara Sheller and Dr. David Tesini. They will lecture on parental expectations, orthodontic treatment of children who have had cancer and treatment of autistic children, respectively;
- Orthodontist Dr. John Christensen and pediatric dentist Dr. Dennis McTigue, speaking on their respective specialties’ roles in the management of dental injuries and trauma;
- Dr. David Covell and Dr. Greg Huang addressing treatment and management of white spot lesions;
- Dr. Peter Ngan, speaking on treatment of anterior crossbite;
- Dr. Gerald Samson addressing open-bite;
- Dr. David Kennedy on missing premolars;
- Dr. Michael Mayhew on mixed-dentition interventions;
- Attorneys Kevin Dillard, Sean Murphy and Scott Litch addressing risk management;
- Orthodontist and attorney, Dr. Eric Ploumis, defining informed consent, informed refusal and standard of care.
Please invite pediatric dentists who refer patients to you to attend.
The Meeting Venue
The Winter Conference site, the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona, is unique in its celebration of the state’s cultural and historical heritage. The resort offers a wealth of family entertainment and outdoor recreation activities including three 18-hole golf courses. Attractions in nearby Phoenix include the world-renowned Heard Museum of American Indian arts and cultures, the Desert Botanical Garden and the Talking Stick Resort Arena sports and entertainment complex, home of the National Basketball Association Phoenix Suns.