A new option is available to those who are unable to attend the 2018 Annual Session in person: For the first time, the AAO will livestream two Annual Session Doctors Scientific Program lecture series, Facial Esthetics and Class II Correction.
CE credit* will be available for lectures attended via the 2018 livestream, which will be Saturday, May 5. Participants will be able to connect virtually and submit questions during the lectures. Please Note: This event WILL NOT BE RECORDED or become available for future viewing.
- Access Members’ Registration for the Livestream
(Registration is via AAO Online Lectures. After opening the page, click on Registration under Event Summary at the left side of the page.)
Cost: $129 for AAO members (orthodontic residents who are members may register for free).
- Access Non-Members’ Registration for the Livestream
(Registration is via AAO Conference Archives. If you are a non-member and have a Conference Archives account, you may register after logging in. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one.)
Livestream Lectures: Facial Esthetics
8 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Eastern time:
- The Contemporary Blend of Esthetic Smile Design: The Role of the Case Presentation, by Dr. David M. Sarver
- Compromised Occlusal Outcome in Favor of Facial Esthetics, by Dr. Joseph Ghafari
- Facial Asymmetry: What are the Limits?, by Dr. Flavia Artese, DDS, MSc, PhD
- Botox, Smiles and Facial Esthetics, by Dr. Mario Polo
Livestream Lectures: Class II Correction
1:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Eastern time:
- Early Treatment of Dento-Skeletal Class II Malocclusion: If, When, Why and How, by Dr. Letizia Perillo
- Treatment of Class II Malocclusion with Contemporary Fixed Functional Appliances, by Dr. Peter Ngan
- Rotations of the Maxilla and Mandible by Class III Orthopedics Followed by Upper Molar Distalization, by Dr. Hugo De Clerck
- Predictable Maxillary Molar Distalization with Micro-implant Anchorage in the Correction of Class II Malocclusion, by Dr. Ramesh Kumar Sabhlok
* Livestream participants in all eight lectures will receive 6.0 CE credits. A detailed CE credit schedule will also be available for those participating in one to seven of the lectures. Each lecture will provide .75 hours of CE credit. Participants will be able to record credits via the AAO CE Manager.
American Association of Orthodontists is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual lectures or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.