Join your friends and colleagues at the 2017 Annual Session, April 21-25 at the San Diego Convention Center.
● Learn more and view the complete Annual Session lecture and event schedules.
At the registration site you can also book tickets for programs including:
● Practice Transition Seminar, Friday, April 21 (Convention Center)
This all-day event includes breakfast, lunch and a cocktail reception sponsored by Ziegler Practice Transitions. Residents’ ticket price is $60. Members in active practice pay $125. Presentations will include:
- Orthodontic Market Place Overview: Trends Affecting Owners and New and Younger Doctors (Chris Bentson)
- Not All Group Practices Fail: Structuring the Transition to Address the Big Issues Fairly and Ensure Mutual Success (Brandon Collier)
- Buyers and Sellers: A Guide to Practice Transition (Dr. Tom Ziegler)
- The Evolution of Dentistry: How DSOs are Shaping Orthodontics (Dr. Mark Dake and Merritt Dake)
● Member Town Hall, Saturday, April 22, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. (Convention Center, open to all members)
Share your views with AAO leaders and ask questions about AAO programs, services and resources. No ticket or advance registration required.
● Risk Management for Residents and New Orthodontists, Sunday, April 23, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. (Convention Center)
During this free program sponsored by the AAO Insurance Company, learn from claims experts how to avoid malpractice risks specific to the new orthodontist. No ticket or advance registration required.
● New Orthodontists and Residents Conference, Sunday, April 23, 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. (Convention Center)
During this free program sponsored by the AAO, keynote speaker Chris Bentson will address the steps to follow to pursue specific orthodontic career paths or practice modalities. Small-group discussions will follow. There is no fee for members attending this event, but a ticket is required and should be reserved in advance via registration.
● Orthodontic Career Fair, Sunday, April 23, 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Convention Center)
Network with employers who are hiring orthodontists and learn about opportunities with their organizations. There is no fee for members attending this event, but a ticket is required and should be reserved in advance via registration.
● Orthodontic Residents Reception, Sunday, April 23, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Whether you want to relax with friends or burn off some energy dancing, enjoy an evening at this popular country mega-bar. There is no fee for student (resident) members attending this event, but a ticket is required and should be reserved in advance via registration. Guest tickets (required) are available for $35. Sponsored by American Orthodontics.