Take a break for an early morning 5k run or a brisk walk at the 2018 Annual Session Fun Run/Walk on Sunday, May 6. Participants will ride a shuttle to the event trail along the scenic Anacostia River in Washington’s Holley Anacostia Park. Add a ticket to this event to your Annual Session registration for just $25, which includes a Fun Run T-shirt.
Purchase Your Fun Run Ticket Online at Annual Session Registration
Tours Combine Culture, History with Outdoor Activities
In conjunction with the 2018 Annual Session, the AAO will offer tours of famous attractions in our host city, as well as fascinating but less well-known sites.
Click here to access additional information including schedules and fees, and to register for tours.
(After accessing the page, click on Tour Options for detailed tour descriptions.)
Register by March 31, 2018
- First Ladies Walking Tour: Highlighting the historical contributions of First Ladies and the changing role of the presidential spouse, this tour will include a walk past the White House to the American History Museum to view the First Ladies Collection.
- Georgetown Walking Tour: Walk through neighborhoods in Georgetown that were frequented by historically significant men and women including President John F. Kennedy, who planned his campaigns in a Georgetown residence.
- Monuments by Day: Ride on a mini-coach to the National Mall, where participants can explore the monuments on foot.
- Mr. and Mrs. Washington’s Estate: Explore the 21-room home and garden overlooking the Potomac River and learn about the life of the first U.S. president.
- Secrets and Scandals: Be scandalized via a unique look at Washington, D.C.’s storied past, walking through the locations of some of Washington, D.C.’s most famous scandals and cover-ups.