The Associated Press (November 7, 2018) reported that five dentists were elected or re-elected to the U.S. House of Representatives on Election Day (November 6). The successful candidates included:
- Dr. Brian Babin, a Republican from Texas’ 36th District;
- Dr. Drew Ferguson, a Republican from Georgia’s 3rd District;
- Dr. Paul Gosar, a Republican from Arizona’s 4th District;
- Dr. Mike Simpson, a Republican from Idaho’s 2nd District;
- Dr. Jeff Van Drew, a Democrat from New Jersey’s 2nd District.
Dr. Ferguson is moving into leadership within the Republican party, having been appointed Chief Deputy Whip for the 116th Congress.
The AAO Political Action Committee supported Drs. Babin, Ferguson, Gosar, Van Drew and other successful candidates in the 2018 election.
Learn More about the AAO-PAC