Hellman, Sicher, Graber
Research Awards for 2023
The AAO is proud to recognize the outstanding research that advances orthodontic care.
Each year the AAO offers the following research award opportunities:
- The Milo Hellman Research Award recognizes the most outstanding and meritorious research project.
- The Harry Sicher Research Award and the Thomas M. Graber Awards of Special Merit honor research performed by orthodontic residents during their graduate education.
The Council on Scientific Affairs (COSA) reviews all submissions. The awards are presented prior to the Milo Hellman Research Award lecture at Annual Session.
The deadline to apply for the 2023 Hellman, Sicher, Graber Awards is October 1, 2022 at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- Cover Letter for 2023 Awards
- Information about the 2023 Awards
- You must comply with requirements stated in the Information about the 2023 Awards (link above) to be considered for the awards.
- Submission Checklist for 2023 Awards
Forms to Upload to the Online Application
- Attestation Statement – required
- Biographical Sketch – required
- PRISMA Checklist – if needed
- CONSORT Form – if needed
Online Application Form
Additional Opportunities for Residents
The AAO offers residents a wide range of additional opportunities to present research at Annual Session. The opportunities and deadlines are listed in the document below.