The 2019 Annual Session, May 3-7 in Los Angeles, will bring AAO members and other meeting attendees to sunny California and the center of the U.S. film and television industry.
Welcoming more than 47 million visitors per year, the LA hospitality industry is eager to help visitors from every part of the world enjoy the city. Plan to take some time during your stay to enjoy the LA experience. Our suggestions include:
- Famous Pacific beaches. Whether you like sunbathing, surfing, people-watching, playing or a unique cultural experience, LA beaches have something for everyone:
- Visit laid-back and friendly Malibu (west of LA) to access Zuma Beach and Malibu Lagoon State Beach, known as “Surfrider Beach” for its waves.
- At renowned Venice Beach, waves and sand are surrounded by an artistically oriented, bohemian-style town;
- Iconic Santa Monica State Beach offers a unique combination of sand, sea and mountain views with walking and biking paths. The L.A. Metro now runs from downtown to Santa Monica, making it an easy trip from the Convention Center.
- Tours of television and movie studios. Popular studios include:
- Universal Studios LA, which is both a theme park and a working studio offering tours of sets;
- Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, which offers visits to sound stages, sets and back lot streets. Some of the many popular television shows produced by the studio include “Friends,” “The Gilmore Girls” and “Big Bang Theory.”
- Unique and classic LA sites. Some of the most famous LA destinations include:
- The Hollywood Walk of Fame, the legendary Hollywood sidewalk emblazoned with stars and celebrity names;
- Santa Monica Pier, a well-known seaside destination featuring amusement park rides, shops and restaurants as well as an aquarium;
- Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, renowned for its upscale shopping and frequented by celebrities;
- Sunset Boulevard, an iconic, 22-mile road long known for vibrant nightlife and famous landmarks;
- Disneyland. The first Disney theme park now offers eight themed “lands” with rides, shows and costumed characters;
- The J. Paul Getty Museum, with its world-renowned visual arts collection (locations in Los Angeles and Malibu).
Register for Annual Session and make hotel reservations.*
* After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to reserve your hotel accommodations.