The AAO leadership looks forward to welcoming you to Washington, D.C. for the 2018 Annual Session, May 4-8. Join your friends and colleagues for an outstanding learning experience combined with opportunities to enjoy the beautiful and vibrant U.S. capital city.
Don’t miss the many expert presenters addressing the latest research and clinical experience and insight into topics like facial esthetics, TADs/anchorage, biomaterials, Class II and Class III correction, retention, aligner therapy and many others of strong interest to today’s orthodontist.
Hear 2018 Named Lectures
- Edward H. Angle Lecture – Dr. Bjorn Zachrisson
- John Valentine Mershon Lecture – Dr. Jim Vaden
- Jacob A. Salzman Lecture – Dr. Ravindra Nanda
- Lifetime Achievement in Orthodontic Research Lecture – Dr. Lysle Johnston
Make Memories at Annual Session Events
Events that have been booked to date include:
- The 2018 AAO Celebration at Washington’s Old Post Office Pavilion, an interesting example of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture that was completed in 1899;
- The International Reception (open to all members) at the world-renowned National Museum of Women in the Arts;
- The Residents Reception at the Lucky Strike.
Watch the eBulletin in coming weeks as additional events, entertainment and other details will be announced.
Lecture program details will be available and registration and housing will open October 2 on the Annual Session page at aaoinfo.org.
Enjoy Washington, D.C.
Among the many cultural options available during Annual Session will be the Cézanne Portraits exhibition, open March 25 – July 1, 2018 at the National Gallery of Art. Featuring 60 works from collections worldwide, the exhibition will be the first devoted to the post-impressionist’s portraits.
Also during Annual Session, the Smithsonian’s observance of the 100th anniversary of U.S. involvement in World War I will be in full swing in its museums, archives, and libraries. A variety of exhibitions and events will be included in the observance.
Enjoy fine dining in Bon Appetit Magazine’s “Restaurant City of the Year” (2016). View the iconic and architecturally significant historic monuments on the National Mall. Relax during a river cruise on the Potomac. Treat your family to an outing at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo. Whatever your interests, you will find many opportunities to relax and re-charge outside of the lecture halls during Annual Session.
Learn More about AAO Meetings
Please click here to learn more about the 2018 Winter Conference, February 9-11 in Scottsdale, Arizona (just outside Phoenix).