Combining the tradition of world-class excellence in the lecture programs with a wide range of new options, the 2020 Annual Session experience will be unlike any that you have attended previously. Register now so you’re sure not to miss the following opportunities for learning, convenience, fun and camaraderie with friends and colleagues:
1. The Hub. Relax while learning in a comfortable lounge featuring remote access to all lectures, with a screen for each presentation and complimentary ear buds to access audio content.
2. Conversation Cafés. Five areas within the Exhibit Hall will be set up to allow attendees the opportunity to connect on topics covered in lectures. following selected lectures. After purchasing your lunch, enjoy dining in a café while discussing your reactions to lectures that you have attended.
3. New Scientific and Clinical Perspectives. More than 50 percent of Annual Session speakers will be appearing at Annual Session for the first time.
4. One-Year Luxury Car Lease and Luxury Hotel Stay Raffles. Qualify for a raffle ticket for each drawing by taking the “Exhibit Hall passport” from your meeting backpack and visiting each raffle sponsor’s booth listed and obtaining their stamps to fill your card. The drawings will be Monday, May 4 at 1 pm. (Must be present to win.)
5. Career Exploration and Networking for Female Orthodontists. The Women in Orthodontics Networking Session had an overwhelmingly positive debut at the 2019 Annual Session as female orthodontists gathered to share common concerns, options and opportunities. This event will return in 2020.
6. Unique Events. While past Annual Sessions have included unusual event venues, this year we will enjoy The Celebration at the Georgia Aquarium, billed as the largest aquarium in North America. Enjoy dinner with friends and family, then explore any of the hundreds of exhibits and tens of thousands of fish, sea creatures and other animals housed in seven major galleries.
View All 2020 Annual Session Special Events
7. Orthodontic Innovation Presentations: Interact with the latest orthodontic innovations through a variety of platforms in The Exchange, new in the Exhibit Hall at the 2020 Annual Session.
8. Convenient Amenities for Families. The AAO Family Room for parents and young children will offer comfortable seating, changing tables, privacy areas, diapers and more, right in the Georgia World Congress Center. Located near the Family Room will be Camp AAO (childcare).
9. A Potential World Record: Be sure to attend Opening Ceremonies in order to be part of our effort to set a world-record with a group photo that we hope will produce the largest-ever “human image of a mouth.”
10. New Scheduling. And all of these options will be incorporated into the new Friday-Monday schedule that we are testing at this year’s Annual Session. Plan to attend lectures starting at 1 pm Friday, May 1 and continuing through late afternoon Monday, May 4. (The Orthodontic Team program ends at mid-day on Monday.)