The world’s greatest celebration of orthodontics will include new special events in the festive Miami Beach environment and an updated, innovative Exhibit Hall experience. And the news gets better: Registrants for the 2022 Annual Session in multiple categories can enjoy registration discounts and other incentives to attend the in-person meeting, May 21-24 in Miami Beach.
The Early Registration deadline to attend in-person is April 30, 2022.* Save $150 by registering by that date. After registering, you will be able to book hotel accommodations within the AAO hotel block. Hotels within the block are already beginning to sell out, so register for the meeting and book housing soon to get your preferred accommodations.
If you are a resident, a new orthodontist who graduated after November 2019, or if you plan to bring your team to the meeting, continue reading for additional incentive information.
Residents and Post-November 2019 Graduates:
AAO Foundation Offering $400 to Help with Annual Session Costs
If you are a student member (resident), registration for the in-person Annual Session is free through the Early Registration deadline (April 30, 2022).
In addition, the AAO Foundation has extended eligibility for the Dr. Fred A. Garrett Resident Education Program for the 2022 Annual Session, to new orthodontists who were residents during the 2020 and 2021 meetings. Current residents are also eligible, of course.
The change was made because of the 2020 and 2021 AAO Annual Sessions’ move to a virtual format, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Foundation’s one-time, $400 incentive to help cover travel costs to attend Annual Session is available to any AAO active or student member with a graduation date after November 1, 2019, who:
● Has not previously received the Resident Gift; and
● Whose residency program is in the United States or Canada.
Qualifying AAO members may obtain the gift by:
● Registering for the 2022 Annual Session via meetings.aaoinfo.org/annual-session-2022;
● Attending Annual Session in person and visiting the AAO Foundation booth in the Exhibit Hall to complete the attendance requirement.
Please note, the AAOF no longer requires an advance application or W-9 form. Checks will be mailed directly to recipients AFTER Annual Session concludes.
Popular Orthodontic Team Discounts Return in 2022
Take Advantage of Annual Session Discounts for Your Team Annual Session registration incentives for orthodontic team members attending Annual Session in person are listed below.
Eligible team members can take advantage of all three incentives listed below:
• 20% discount on Annual Session registration when registering four or more staff as a group for the in-person meeting;
• Early Registration discount also applies to team members (register by the Early Registration deadline, April 30, and save $150 per registrant);
• $25 per person discount for members of the AAO Orthodontic Staff Club. (Learn more about other benefits of Orthodontic Staff Club membership, including free online CE, at www2.aaoinfo.org. Go to Practice Management > Materials for Orthodontic Staff and click on the Orthodontic Staff
* Virtual Annual Session registration fees vary and do not include an Early Registration deadline.